Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Quirk #10

I know I haven't been posting this week. I haven't thought of anything to write, and none of the quirks I've come up with are quirky enough to really qualify...

Work sucks.

I hate professors.

I hate professors who have no concept of costs.

I hate professors who have no concept of costs, and have no concept of "budget"

I also hate professors who have no concept of the above things, and submit pre-proposals without consulting their accounting staff first.

Lets just say that hiring a postdoc on a 100k award is um... Not the brightest of ideas. Especially when said postdoc has a history of running up 2k of fabrication costs a month.

Would it be alright with everyone if I screamed now?

Oh yeah, and I especially hate professors who tell me to work up a budget with a certain amount of money, and then, after I've done what they ask, tell me to re-work said budget with only 1/3 of the original total, but keeping everything anyway.

I'm sorry people... Despite rumors to the contrary, I am wholly unable to pull money out of my ass.

And yes... The fact that I am incapable of pulling money out of my ass is my quirk this time.

=P

3 comments:

  1. While I don't work directly with a university and all of it's village idiots, I can wholly sympathise. As I told you, if I see RS with his Blackberry out anytime soon, I'm going to shove it up his ass. I hate the man right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you DO learn to pull money out of your ass, um I mean the technique, or whatever...Do share?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would definitely be a "special skill" for the resume.

    ReplyDelete