Friday, September 09, 2005

I Work In Hell

Something funny happened this morning as I was out for an extended smoke break with some women from another office...

We were all standing out behind the building in the "smoking section" (as we have lovingly dubbed it), talking about all the crazy shit that's been going on in my department (M, S, and myself), when suddenly M turns to me and says, "Aren't you freezing?"

It's 60 degrees out, overcast, and slightly misty... And I'm in jeans and a tank top. Hey, I'm from NY. Its not even chilly until it hits 40.

"No," I say, "It's nice out here"
"Of course she's not cold," S says, "she just came from hell!"
"Yeah," I say, "this weather is a nice change from the pit of molten lava under my desk."
We all laugh...

So it's official. I work in Hell. Even people from other departments think so. The only thing that could make it any more obvious is if the Deputy Director sprouted horns and a tail, and started wandering the halls carrying a pitch fork. Just you watch -- He'll dress up that way for Halloween! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment