Thursday, September 15, 2005

Yet Another New Look

Thanks to Cat & Sapphire, who gave me the link for this template site where I got the basics for the new look! (those of you reading my RSS feed should stop by the actual site and check things out).

Today... I have wasted my entire day updating my blog. I really should do some work, but I'm just not feeling it, and with the accounting system still down, theres no big rush for me to do much of anything.

In the course of updating my blog, I had to go through and change the font color on 2 months worth of posting, so that it would show up against the current backround... oy. Talk about tedious. But I shouldn't have to do anything more to it now... Though there might be some minor changes later on. And I even figured out how to keep the blogger comments in my posts with the new template. Yay me! But I did get a chance to go back and read through a lot of the things I'd written... And wow. Am I a bit of a different person now or what? I mean, to me, I seem more mellow, more laid back, more content... And theres a lot less of that drastic mood change stuff. No more huge roller coaster. Just your normal every day rolling hills.

Its kind of strange to look back at yourself that way... And see how different you are, how much you've changed, just in the space of a year or so... Its like when I go back and read my journals from when I was a teenager... I read and read, and then I stop and say "Wow. Was I really like that??" I think its healthy to look back at yourself like that from time to time, to remind yourself how far you've come... It gives one hope. It makes you realize that if you've come so far already, you'll be able to go just that much further in the future.

A good thing, all in all... Though it is a little weird to relive your life through more mature eyes... But it's worth it.

1 comment:

  1. funny how these changes aren't apparant until we look back. then and only then we see just how far we came along.

    loving the new look hugely

    cat xx

    ReplyDelete