Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My Bathroom Rant

Okay, so now both Tangerine Tease and another friend of mine (who I can't link due to the fact that she's finally managed to hide her blog from an online stalker) have both brought up little rants about the restrooms in their offices.

As such, I feel obligated to add mine as well.

There is someone on my floor -- I don't know who, as I haven't yet caught them -- who insists on not flushing the toilet after themselves. There is also someone in my building who insists on clogging the toilet with seat liners and an entire roll's worth of toilet paper. Every day. Every. Fucking. Day.

What in the hell is wrong with you, disgusting toilet sabotaging person? Didn't your mother or father or juvinile detention guard teach you to flush? Didn't they teach you that if you jam the toilet full of an entire roll's worth of paper, it doesn't work anymore?

I mean really. This is a freaking research group at a prestigious university. You people are obviously educated enough to either attend classes here, or work here. You can't possibly be brain dead.

So flush the goddamned toilet already!

3 comments:

  1. I sincerely wonder what goes through the mind of the idiots who stuff loads of tp into a toilet and/or don't flush. In my mind, this is what I see happening...

    Anonymous Chick walks into the bathroom locks herself into a stall, hikes up the skirt/dress or drops her trousers and has a seat for a while. And of course she's undoubtedly constipated cos she's in there a while and her thoughts start to wander because if she thinks about the bowl movement that ain't happening, it'll make things worse. *Bing!* Light bulb goes on in her head. 'I think when I finally get out of here, instead of flushing the toilet, I'll toss in a few rolls of toilet paper so it'll look like I buried it like my cat does. Cos that's just the coolest thing to bury your shit rather than flushing it down the toilet.' At last she is done! The old wandering mind trick has done the trick and it's time to go. She gets up and rearranges herself and then grabs roll #1 and tosses it in. But that doesn't cover it and there's always a spare roll beside the first. So in that one goes. Nope still not enough. Ah yes! The emergency roll behind the toilet. Let's hold our nose while we reach around behind so we don't get a whiff of that which we are burying. In goes roll #3. Shazam! It's done! A work of sheer brilliance!!! She unlocks the door, scopes out the room and finding herself alone still, slips out, quickly washes her hands and slinks back to her desk.

    End of story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that is disgusting and I've seen it here, too.
    What I hate is the people locked in the stall talking on their cellphone. I used to feel rude flushing on my way out for fear of interrupting their calls, but I've since decided that is the time to flush every available facility. Multiple times, if possible, to be sure the person on the other end of the line knows where their call has been taken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cell phone in the bathroom thing is something I've never been able to understand... And it grosses me out to no end.

    Are people so dependent on their connectivity with others that they can't even take a break from their gossip fests to pee now? Gah!

    ReplyDelete