Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Weirdnesses...

You ever have those days where things just felt... Wrong? You know, that "the milk smells fine, but I think its bad anyway" feeling?

My morning started out crappy.

The BF's cell phone made the speakers buzz at some insanely loud volume at about 5am. It didn't wake him up, but it snapped me out of sleep so hard that I just sat there for a good 15 minutes before being able to try and go back to sleep.

Then, at 6, the office line rings. This does wake the BF up, and me too of course, as he climbs over me to get out of bed... And the discussion that went on after that was loud enough that it kept me from getting back to sleep. I recall being in a half doze and hearing "OMG, Google's being investigated under anti-trust charges" and something about database corruption.

Then, at 7:30 or so, the kiddo comes in and proclaims to me (who is still trying to get some last shreds of sleep before having to get up at 8) in an overly chipper voice "Mom, I've been up since 5am!"

I slept in the car on the way to the office... And had really weird fucked up dreams. I hope I didn't end up talking in my sleep. Though, I might have, given the really strange look the BF gave me when I woke up and dragged myself out of the car. I can only imagine what I might have said... Eep.

And so, here I am at work, after a grande frappucino, still unable to keep myself even halfway awake.

Not that anything here at work is going right either...

Someone removed a stack of paperwork off my desk before I got in, apparently because I didn't get it done within 24 hours of having been given it in the first place. Only they didn't bother to tell me that. They didn't bother to tell me anything at all in fact. The folders just "poofed" and I'm assuming that the owners repossessed them. Hopefully that's the case, and the janitors didn't run off with them.

No one can decide on what the correct overhead rates for an account are supposed to be, and they're spamming the entire department with emails about it. I've half a mind to email them all and tell them to "take it private" -- as in, not on the departmental email alias that sends messages to everyone -- but I'm afraid I might get in trouble for that one.

The elevators are on the fritz again... Apparently one of them is "too good" to stop on the 5th floor (my floor), and the other one is confused about which direction it's supposed to be going at any given time. I'm counting the minutes before the building manager sends out email saying "use the freight elevator for the rest of the day, as both elevators are being serviced for the 15th time this month."

Oh yeah, and half the doors didn't unlock this morning. No, I don't mean that out of 40 doors only 20 got unlocked by someone. I mean, the electronic security system, which automatically locks and unlocks the doors on campus decided that it was only going to unlock the left hand side of all double doors. I may have hurt my shoulder by trying to open one of the right hand sides before becoming painfully aware of the fact that it was still very definitely locked shut.

*sigh*

At least I can go home soon, and spend the rest of my evening rescuing the most adorable Sporelings from Starving Bog Lords and Marsh Dredgers. I did that yesterday, and was most kindly rewarded with recipes for "sporeling snacks" and "clam bars." Yummy =)

2 comments:

  1. Well I am relieved to know that I didn't barge in on your sleepy world yesterday and piss you off.

    I won't ask about the Sporelings and Starving Bog Lords. That kinda scares me.

    ~Sin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm . . . sporeling snacks. Just like Mom used to make.

    ReplyDelete