Thursday, December 16, 2004

dont we all feel safe flying this holiday season?

well, i dont know about anyone else, but i'm headed back east to see my relatives this xmas. i'm supposed to fly from SFO to Newark... but i'm thinking of changing my flight plan because of this article that tells us how Newark Airport screeners 1) LOST a bag full of fake explosives during a TSA test. and 2) missed 1 in 4 test explosives and weapons in undercover tests this past summer. um... HELLO???

WHAT IF THEY HADNT BEEN FAKE, OR TESTS???

gads! the negligence, the carelessness, the incompetence... oh yeah, and you wanna know how they lost that bag of "fake explosives" ?? get this... they LOADED IT ONTO A PLANE !!!

i am now officially afraid to travel. not because of terrorists. terrorists dont bug me. but because if we cant even figure out NOT TO LOAD A BAG OF BOMBS on a plane, how smart can we really be? and if we're that stupid... we have no business ferrying people all over the world in vehicles that, by sheer luck, defy gravity. [oh dont give me that physics crap about airflow and lift... its luck dammit. sheer fucking luck that we dont all plummet outta the sky in those iron birds]. i mean, if they cant remember not to load a bag of bombs on a plane, will they rememeber to refuel it? will they remember to de-ice the wings? will they remember to lock the doors? will they remember to patch that hole in the oil line? or to double check the hydraulics on the landing gear? will they?? I DONT THINK SO.

idiots... complete and total idiots... and i'm supposed to trust my life to these fools... right...

*storms off in a huff*

1 comment:

  1. haha yeah... thats why i never check baggage, and do all my luggage carry on. if i cant carry it on, i either ship it ahead of time, or dont bring it. smart eh?

    and yeah... if i get myself blown up, you have my full permission to kill me. if you can find all the pieces in any case... :P

    ReplyDelete