Thursday, December 09, 2004

two candycanes and a half pack of cigs later...

i've got santana going on the web radio, i appeased my nerves with sugar and nicotine, and i just got an email from my office manager saying that tomorrow we all get to go home early, with pay. WOOHOO!

needless to say i'm in a much much better mood.

odd thing about the candy canes... i hate peppermint. it generally just turns my stomach and makes me queasy. dont even ask me why i decided to eat one today. they were there, and taking one seemed the thing to do. and after taking one, well you cant just leave them lying on your desk now can you, so... *shrug*
and you know what? it was suprisingly relaxing. well, that and the fact that i've gone through a half pack of cigs in ohhhhh 5 hours. maybe its not the candy canes afterall.

but yes... i love getting time off with pay, without having to use my vacation leave, or my sick leave, of which i currently have nil thanks to winter break. blah. stupid having to take leave without pay to go on family trips back east. sure, i get more vacation time then most, but hey that doesnt mean that i dont want a little extra every now and again. but anyway, i'm not gonna be looking THAT gift horse in the mouth. my boy will be here, and i fully intend on skipping out on the office xmas party quite early so i can go home and take full advantage of his presence
*grin*

yes! i am getting over my nervousness! i mean, i'm still nervous as hell, but hey, i'm sure he is too... and hes gotta drive all the way up here... and wait for me to get home... and that must be sheer torture. so i guess i've got it pretty good. after all, i've got blogger to vent all my fears and frustrations to.

although... i still have all that laundry to fold... ugh. but something makes me think we're not gonna be needing the couch tonite
*wink wink*

ah... only an hour more of work to go, then i get to go to class and pretend to pay attention until he gives us the assignment for next week... and then i'm outta there.

6 and a half hours til he's here! *jumps up and down excitedly -- then turns a little green* ummm... okay... so jumping is probably not a good idea right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment