Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Common Sense Is Not A Prerequisite

Okay, so I didn't get drunk last night (though I did have a drink in the hopes that it would numb my throat a bit), and I didn't do laundry either. I was feeling way too miserable to do much of anything when I got home.

This morning started off wonderfully too, with me nearly getting trapped in an elevator with some brain dead students... Got on the elevator, hit the button for my floor, watched the door close... But instead of the elevator going up, all the buttons un-lit themselves, and the door opened half way and STUCK that way. Needless to say, I got the hell out. Meanwhile, the brain dead students are STILL standing in the elevator, looking dazed and confused, and one asks me "do you know what's going on?" Talk about a stupid question. I mean, how hard is it to figure out that this is NOT normal elevator behavior? (Well... actually... it is normal around here, but only because our elevators are always breaking down.) So I'm just like "um, you want to get out of that elevator... NOW." But the brain dead students just stood there, looking at eachother like "why? huh? whats all this then?" And then the door shut all the way.

I assume they got out okay, because when I finally got upstairs to report the problem, no one was stuck in the damned thing. But wow. These kids got into UC Berkeley??? Apparently the admissions board doesn't take common sense (or the lack thereof) into account when sending out acceptance letters... sheesh.

But yeah, so thats how my morning started. We'll see how the rest of the day goes... lets just say I don't have high hopes about it, given the start I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment