Friday, August 26, 2005

This is a Public Service Announcement:

When deciding on a way to off yourself, please, PLEASE, don't opt for throwing yourself in front of a commuter train! While it definitely does the job quickly and easily, it tends to cause a great deal of inconvenience to the rest of society, especially me, who relies on the train to get to work every day.

Believe me, I know how tempting it is to just step off the platform. I've been there, staring down at the tracks, listening to the oncoming train, and thought about how simple it would be to just take one little step forward... but please... DON'T.

Hey, don't get me wrong. If you want to kill yourself, thats fine with me. The world is over-crowded, and one less person is just one less life form for the planet to support. Go for it. OD on pills, slit your wrists, swallow a bullet, drive off a cliff... heck, if you need more ideas, drop me an email or IM, and I'll think some up for you. But please, PLEASE, don't go with the train idea.

This morning, one of you suicidal fools made me 2 hours late for work because they took a dive in front of a train. The station had to be closed for hours while the coroner mopped up the mess. Trains were delayed and rerouted. Bus bridges had to be established. Thousands of people had their schedules fucked with, thousands of dollars were lost or wasted, an entire metropolitan area was crippled... all because one person was too selfish to off themselves privately.

So if you are seriously thinking of committing suicide... fine, great, sure. Just find a way to do it that doesn't inconvenience an entire society will ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment