Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Do I Stick With Mediocrity?

Since I still can't work, I've been catching up on my blog reading... and I've come to a rather depressing conclusion. My blog, is drivel. [what? you say... drivel?? -- yes, drivel, I said it, I mean it] There are people out here in the blog verse, who write their blogs like they're writing a novel, and a good one at that. They reach into their hearts and minds, and post the contents for all of us to see... and here I am complaining about my job *sigh*.

Why take it to heart? Well... I like to consider myself a good writer. I know I have it in me to post like these other people do. I know I do, because once in a blue moon, I have. I know the ability is there, and I now see that I'm not tapping into it like I should.

But you bitching about your job is FUNNY! -- you say... Yes, its funny. But the depth just isn't there. Sure, I'm a sarcastic daughter of a bitch... I always will be. I will always have that edge that cuts so deeply... But I realize, I'm wasting my talent with mindless rants. I'm not trying, and I should be. That is, after all, why I started this blog in the first place. To put my insides outside. And I haven't been doing that. Not as much as I should anyway.

But we LIKE your rants! -- you say... Thats great. I'm glad. And they'll still show up every now and again. But they'll be more thought out... more refined... Meanwhile, you'll see a little more of the real me, the true me, the me that the rest of the world doesn't usually get to see... since I hide behind smiles and laughter. More poetry will probably show up too... I hope you don't mind. I promised myself this wouldn't just become a gallery for my unmarketable verse, and I plan on sticking to that. There's no reason to torture you poor souls that way, unless something is really at least halfway decent, and has a point...

Anyway... I have some thinking to do... I'll be around later.

No comments:

Post a Comment