Friday, October 15, 2004

a grasshopper in the bathroom sink???

okay... so last nite my prof keeps us late at class, and i didnt wind up getting home til after 11... closer to 11:30 really... so i drop my stuff and head to the bathroom to wash up n get outta my work clothes n stuff like that... and what do i find waiting for me in my bathroom sink?? A GRASSHOPPER!!!

oh see, now you're saying "thats not so weird, what are you freaking out about??" but you dont understand. i live in a crappy hole in the wall second floor apartment that only has two windows... one in the bedroom, and one is a huge sliding glass door to my should-be-condemned balcony. neither of those two windows had been open in days (what with me not being home much and all). there is no window in the bathroom. the closest outlet to nature in the bathroom is the teeny little fan thingy in the ceiling, and let me tell ya, the slats on that are WAY too small for a grasshopper to fit through.

so i'm standing there, staring at it, wondering how the HELL it got there... and it JUMPS at me. not an issue really, except that i was leaning in close peering at it, and it nearly landed on my face. i cant STAND stuff in my face like that. so of course i did the girly little EEEK! thing and jumped back, trying to impale myself backwards on the doorknob ... umm i dont think it left a mark... heh.

well after that i scooped the thing up in a cup and held a CD case over the top of it so it couldnt get out... and i dumped the little guy out on my balcony. i hope he finds his way down okay... he was cute, even if he did launch himself at my nose.

so that was my excitement last night... and all my excitement too. cuz after that i pretty much crashed... okay okay, so i chatted with some friends for a half hour or so, and sent an email or two... but directly after that i went to bed. oh fine, so i didnt. i watched tv for a bit too. so sue me :P i still got up for work on time this morning (shocking!!) so its all good.

oh yeah... weird sight for the day:

in the pile of snow underneath the liquid nitrogen tanks outside my building (yes, defective storage tanks leak, and create "snow" on the outside of the tanks, which flakes off and piles up underneath), someone had half buried a couple bottles of soda to keep them cold. it was just slightly strange. not overly weird, i mean, it made sense and all... but... do we really wanna take the risk of swallowing any of that LN snow??? i sure dont!

1 comment:

  1. send me an email...so i can get the correct address...i think i can't spell, well I know can't spell... :-)

    ReplyDelete